Sunday, March 15, 2009

PREVIEW: "A Day at CostumeCO." - Video 5 of 8 & Bonus Video




"A Day at CostumeCO." can be found on page 135 of "Secret Identities: The Asian American Superhero Anthology".

The story follows a Super Mom (both literally and figuratively) as she juggles a hectic outing with her family at the local superhero, big-box store outfitter, CostumeCO.

S.I. Editor in Chief, Jeff Yang provided the words and A.L. Baroza the art. Try to spot a cameo appearance from a certain 6-clawed mutant!

To pass the link around, go here.

Also, below is a bonus video of the making of "A Day at CostumeCo." This was the first trial attempt at these "motion comix" 5 months ago to see what was feasible, etc. At the end, you'll also see what my daughter Avery picked up from these vids.

I used the mic from a telephone headset, voiced all the characters (male & female) and cut it all under 45 minutes. No b.g. music, no sound effects , didn't even bother to take out the mouse 'clicks' of me starting and stopping the recording.

I'd like to think that I've come a long way since then:


No comments: